This year I wanted to make myself a list of reminders to bring into the New Year. I can safely say that I know myself well enough that down the line, I’ll need some reassurance. These are my reminders that life’s a work in progress; we’re all a work in progress.
- Life’s not as serious as we make it out to be. There is no need for all the pressure you place on yourself and stop blaming yourself for both the things you can and cannot control.
- Enjoy and Explore. Even if it’s not your scene or outside of your comfort zone, embrace that moment. Because those spontaneous moments make the greatest stories and could lead to lifelong friendships.
- It’s okay to not be positive all the time. Just don’t let the negativity consume you.
- Put that gift to work and then give it back to the world. You have a purpose, and it’s time to embrace that.
- Take that leap of faith — that one leap you know will change your life. Because that is the one thing you have complete control of. Then trust that everything else will fall into place. Remember that trust too, is a leap of faith.
- The energy you give will be the energy you receive. Stay humble and be grateful.
- One bad day is not equivalent to a bad life. You don’t have to hard reset on occasions like birthdays or the new year. You have the power and choice to start over anytime.
Originally published at akinamarie.com on December 30, 2017.