What does the world need more of?
As I was scrolling through my notes, I realized that I had once asked 15 people what they thought the world needs more of. I’m pretty mad at myself for not uploading this sooner, but as reread their answers I couldn’t help but feel moved.
- The world needs more people with drive. The possibilities of what a person can achieve when truly driven really are almost infinite. For the most part, we’re all born with the same tools. The only reason that most people don’t excel is that they choose not to — J.N.
- The world needs more connections. Actual human connection face to face. We’re missing that more than anything these days. — R.A.
- The world needs more french fries. The world needs more empathy. — E.C.
- The world needs more humble hearts. I just think there’s a lot of people out there who compare themselves to others because lately society or even just people themselves give an image that being smart, wealthy, physically fit, etc. and all other things that don’t necessarily make people happy. — S.I.
- The world needs more open-mindedness and acceptance. — S.A.
- The world needs more green, tree, and nature. We’re fucking up the earth, man. — M.T.
- I think people need to go after their passions more and not be afraid to live. I think so many people are on autopilot and aren’t living their lives; I think more people need to be present and connected and take care of themselves. Really, it comes down to the fact that people just really need to actually live life and live in a way that’s not based on fear — K.S.
- The world needs more profitable education — M.N.
- Justice, order, and balance — J.R.
- The world needs more love. We live in a society today plagued with widespread misunderstanding of cultures and people different from our own backgrounds. We all need to realize what’s happening around us and the thought patterns within us. We need to slow down, open up our minds and hearts to the abundance of beauty this world has to offer by getting to know our neighbors and those perceived to be “different” from us. Only then can we begin to heal the hatred, see the humanity within each other, and lead our world into a better age — S.A.
- The world needs more kindness, compassion, and love to heal humanity and increase equality around the world. So we can share the resources we have with those that need more. So we can decrease this gap in society that is based on the color of our skin and our heritage. We need these things so the world will be a better place for the next generation — A.A.
- Self-awareness. Too many people caught up in how things affect them. They need to see how things affect both them and the community around them — N.A.
- The world needs more laughter. I feel as though people have forgotten how to take a joke or see the humor in a bad situation. Take me for instance: I lost both my parents within a span of almost two years. The first thing I told one of my best friends was: “Hey! I’m orphan!” He didn’t know whether to laugh or not, but I said it was okay. It was my way of coping. I can’t reverse what happened and I know for a fact that everyone around me is going to be walking on eggshells trying not to make me sad or cry, so I might as well get a good laugh in. Not to mention, this past year, alone, has been the pinnacle of sensitivity. You can’t seem to say anything without a community of people being offended or taking something way out of context. With how upside down the world has been, people need something positive and there’s nothing more positive than laughter. It’s contagious and universal. Nobody laughs in a certain language and that’s what makes it more beautiful and significant. If there’s anything that needs to be spread on this earth, then laughter should be it. — N.M.
- The world needs more truth. Everyone questions everything so much, but no one really wants to say the truth. How a lot of things are too sugar-coated, you know what I’m saying? — H.T.
- The world needs to start to accept what is and move on. Not everything will work out the way you want them to not because it’s not time, but because it’s not YOUR time yet — R.P.
What do you think the world needs more of?
Originally published at findingfifth.com on February 21, 2019.